Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Job

Next year I have taken a new position with Jessamine Co. Schools, I will be the Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. In 1994, I went to college to be that and now, the position is finally open and I'm taking it. I was VERY nervous at first. I've not used sign language in 12 years, I haven't seen an auditory trainer in that long either....do you know how technology has changed in 12 years???? Well, I had my first meeting for my new job last Friday and the child's parents are deaf.....so I had to use sign language and I felt really good about my skills.....I guess it's like riding a bike, once you know it, you don't forget it!

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your updates on your blog tonight. It looks like you added them just minutes before I checked!! How exciting about your new job. I have been brushing up on the few signs I know b/c I want to sign with Levi. PLEASE let me know of any classes or trainings that you think would be beneficial to me. I have plenty of books and use several online resources but nothing is as good as a class. Congrats to you!! And thanks for the message you left the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are so happy that this position has finally come available for you!!His timing is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for you! I am glad you got to use your skills... please find a student to be in my class so I can get some face time with you at work!!! I will miss you but I know you will be awesome at your new job. :)

    ReplyDelete